Sunday, May 19, 2013

Princess Tiara Cookies

We just celebrated my daughter's 3rd birthday and I cannot believe how fast the time has gone! She has been keeping me very busy lately (as evidenced by my lack of posting lately). 

As an avid crafter, I always try to go all out for my kids parties with the decor, etc. I decide on a theme and make banners, tissue pom poms, tablescapes, themed food, cookies, etc. However, this year my 6 yr old had other ideas and begged for a Chuck E. Cheese party. I thought I would miss having the party, but, man, it was so nice to just show up, party,  pay a bill (probably less than what I would have spent anyway), and leave the clean up to others. Sure beats slaving away trying to have my house perfectly cleaned for guests, making all the food & decorations and having to clean up the aftermath. 

So, when at a school fundraiser a few weeks before my daughter's birthday, I saw a birthday party at My Gym in the silent auction, I bid on it and pretty much stalked the auction item for the rest of the evening. I ended up winning with an obscenely low bid. Probably helped that I gave the stink eye to anyone else who hovered around MY party.

We showed up, had a fun party, ate cake and went home. I really don't know what I was thinking all those years having the parties at my house. 

The only "work" I had to do for the party was to make favors. And as much as I love my kids getting bags of trinkets - especially the little ink stamps they can stamp all over their faces before we go out in public, the little bottles of bubbles they can open and spill all over the car, the paddle ball games with elastic that breaks and snaps kids' hands causing 30 minutes of crying - I choose to make cookies.

My daughter requested a "pink princess party" so I popped over to www.cheapcookiecutters.com to check out their selection of princess cookie cutters. I chose the Crown Cookie Cutter and made these cute princess-y cookies.




I just stuck them in clear treat bags, tied them with a pretty pink ribbon and viola! Party favors!

Check out some of my other parties and cookies:

-Blythe

15 comments:

  1. Wow, Princess themed birthday cookies are amazing. Thanks a lot for these ideas. These pictures inspire me to host such a girly party for my daughter who’s 5th birthday is about to come. Before reading this post I was thinking about having a simple family dinner party at venues in Los Angeles but now would love to host a party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like rainbow cupcake with many colors? Try these cupcake recipes at home to have your own cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once you purchase your Roku streaming media player, be it a Roku Express or a Roku Ultra, you need to activate it before you can stream content on it. Therefore, in order to activate Roku using roku.com/link create accountyou will need an activation code that is generated by your TV connected to the Roku device. If at all you need assistance in this setup process, just give us a call at our toll-free number +1-888-298-2680.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strange "water hack" burns 2lbs overnight

    At least 160000 women and men are using a easy and SECRET "liquids hack" to lose 2 lbs each night in their sleep.

    It's easy and it works with everybody.

    Here's how to do it yourself:

    1) Get a clear glass and fill it half full

    2) Then learn this weight losing hack

    you'll become 2 lbs lighter when you wake up!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Really wonderful blog! Thanks for taking your valuable time to share this with us. We are a leading Panda antivirus customer support service provider available 24X7. Our experts provide best panda related advise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks! We are a McAfee Antivirus Customer Support Company providing quality McAfee helpline with McAfee toll-free phone number. Contact us for the quick Mcafee Antivirus Support Number +1 888-309-0939.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At this time, Covid-19 has suffered a severe epidemic causing unemployment. Don't worry. Try this link to get the answer here. ufabet

    ReplyDelete

  8. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never observed this sort of helpful post. I am grateful to you and expect the number of posts like these. If you can’t download the Garmin Express Update, don’t let this hinder the performance of your Garmin device. Talk to professionals and know easy steps to solve this technical issue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many people like to wear full-body sportswear when exercising. In fact, proper sportswear will not only reduce the probability of sports injuries. Sportswear is still a sense of ritual. When you are struggling whether to start exercising, you can try to put on a set of sportswear first, then this small step may save your exercise plan for the day. So if you don’t want to exercise, put on a set of ,,sportswear.Niksa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago with HIV and have lived taking ARV and thought of having Herbal medicine to cure this disease completely. I wouldn't be able to bear Vomiting and my tongue would go white because of these diseases called HIV/Aids. I learned to live with it but I have definitely prayed and had hands laid on me, My friends at work knew about my HIV Status so on a faithful day my friend Hannah talk to me about this great man called Dr Itua From west African because my friend Hannah is from West African too she came to acquire degree here in South Carolina, I accepted the challenge and contacted Dr Itua Herbal Center...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com also chats on Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967. Then he delivered his Herbal medicine to me which was labeled as Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cure For HIV/Aids, I took it as he instructed. After two weeks I went to the test and I was tested Negative. I'm still writing on every blog site related to the following diseases such as HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus, Shingles, Hepatitis B/C, Because he cures this kind of disease.    

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our Philadelphia Digital Marketing Agency provides various services, including SEO, PPC, social media management, and email marketing. With our data-driven approach, we help businesses excel online. Contact us today to discover how we can enhance your digital presence and drive growth for your business.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like a royal treat! Where do you get these delightful goodies? I need them for my next tea party!
    For digital marketing company noida Visit:- https://www.artattackk.com/

    ReplyDelete